CODA Race4Love 5K Run/Walk
February 16, 2013
With the increase of domestic violence homicides we’ve seen across the state - South Carolina currently ranks 2nd in the nation for the number of women murdered by men - the focus for our 2013 5K run/walk is prevention and education. Our message for Race4Love is that love is not abuse, and that help is available through CODA.
Since 1986, CODA has been the only organization meeting the spectrum of needs of Lowcountry child and adult survivors of domestic violence. Over 11,000 survivors have received assistance through our 24-hour hotline, emergency shelter, counseling, case management, transitional housing, and legal services. CODA also reaches thousands of people annually through our community education programs.
Thank you for coming out to the race, and we hope to see you again next year!
- The race starts at 10 a.m. on February 16, 2013. The course is flat and quick, and offers a pleasant trip through scenic neighborhoods and Sanctuary Golf Course on Cat Island -- located at 8 Waveland Ave., Beaufort, SC 29907. The start and end points, and registration area, will be near the tennis courts.
- Registration costs $25 for the race and $20 for the walk. Online registration (click to register at Active.com) remains open until February 13, 2013, at 12:00 p.m. PST. Register by mail until February 12. Same day registration fees increase to $30 for the race and $25 for the walk.
- Groups of five or more receive $5 discount per runner; to receive the discount you must register by mail. All forms must be sent together, with each registrant taking $5 off.
- For children ages 9 and under, a $5 donation is suggested in lieu of registration. All children 9 and under will receive awards.
- Packet pick-up will be available at Palmetto Running Company's Beaufort location on February 15th between 4 and 6 p.m., or on-site between 9 and 9:30 a.m. on the day of the race. PRC is located at 207 West Street, Beaufort, SC, and can be reached at 843-379-1018 or online at www.palmettorunningcompany.com. (click to visit the site)
- T-shirts are guaranteed to the first 100 participants registered.
- Age Divisions: 9 and under, 10-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70 and over.
- Awards for top 2 overall male and female, medals given to top 3 in each age division, no duplications.
- Participants living outside of Cat Island are asked to park in the designated parking area around the start area – race marshals will direct you to designated parking areas.
- This event is stroller and dog friendly! (As long as your pet is well-behaved, on a leash, and under your control at all times.)
- Questions? Call (843) 770-1074 ext.221, or e-mail codarace4love(@)gmail.com
We are offering many sponsorship opportunities, both cash and in-kind. Sponsorships range from $100 to $1,000 and include benefits from having the sponsor’s name on a mile marker to having their logo on the race t-shirt. Please contact CODA at (843) 770-1074 ext.221, or e-mail codarace4love(@)gmail.com, for more information.
2012 Tate/Coursen Memorial Walk/Run
Last year, we received considerable community support for the Tate/Coursen Memorial Walk/Run, which celebrated the lives of two Beaufort County Sheriff’s Office Deputies who were killed in the line of duty while responding to a domestic disturbance call. You can view photographs from the event in the gallery linked below.